Growing Up

Sharing special moments in my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Where's Waldo

1980

It was a place that didn't exist. The building looked abandoned. The first floor was grimy and filled with long-discarded heavy machinery. You could peer inside the windows and quickly become bored. The top floors had broken windows and open freight doors.

The surrounding buildings also looked abandoned.

I entered my building from a secured rear entrance. The path to the entrance was narrow, weed-filled and uneven. You focused your eyes on the ground, especially in winter. When you followed it to the left, a long-discarded masonry debris heap forced you to quickly side-step into a small, blind courtyard. Then, you saw the Marine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home