Growing Up

Sharing special moments in my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

My Inheritance - Life in This Order

It was given to me at birth. It's been in my family for many years. My great grandfather brought it with him to America in the late 1880's.

Great grandpop Foretich (Foretic in the old country) was a shipwright (shipbuilder) who built 100-foot long ships without plans. They were all in his head. He built them in his homeland (Dalmation Islands, Korcula), in France and parts of Central America. He even spent a few years helping build the Panama Canal. He gave it to his son.

My grandfather was an shipyard engineer without a degree. He was a whiz with numbers. He gave it to his son.

My dad was a shipyard machinist & draftsman who could make things and draft shipbuilding plans like nobody's business. He gave it to his son.

I'm a data base geek who loves programming and the net. I shared it with my daughter.

My inheritance has driven me all of my life as it did my predecessors. It's also driven my daughter's life.

I have ADHD.

Unlike my predecessors, I was diagnosed and received treatment. That was seven years ago. I was 43 years old.

My doctor prescribed Adderall. Within a week, my life changed. I still remember the morning I woke-up to the "normal" side of life.

I was shaving and looked into the mirror. Something had changed. I had changed. I had crossed the river.

It was a good feeling.

I 'bout cut myself from smiling.

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home