Growing Up

Sharing special moments in my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Madame Henriot














She watched me as I slept.

She was there when I awakened.

She watched me dress and undress.

She was the woman I made love to on Sunday mornings.

---

I would think of her in the early morning hours before a new day started, wishing things were different and that I could be with her.

But, I couldn't, so she lived with me as Renoir's "Madame Henriot". I joined her as Picasso's "The Seated Harlequin". As two poised portraits, we shared the bedroom wall. I was to the left of her portrait and faced away from her beauty, because I could not have her.

When I moved into my new house in late 2002, she was hung above the fireplace as the room's focal point. An accent light illuminated her face. Around the corner, in the foyer, I hung the Harlequin. He was to the right of her portrait. I finally faced my love.

I took her down in mid-December 2003 to be replaced with a Christmas wreath. I never put her back. The Harlequin was removed when I started painting the house's interior last summer. I stored them side-by-side in my walk-in closet next to my wheelchair.

I gave them both to Goodwill last month, the same day I donated my wheelchair and cane.

It was time to move on.

---

1 Comments:

Blogger Achtung Nada said...

Put her back on the wall, she is so wonderful !!

July 30, 2008 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home