Growing Up

Sharing special moments in my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Jumping Hadrian's Wall

-

In the last six months, I've taken a roller coaster ride of memories as I put to rest people and things which are no longer here. It started with my father's death in early January. As I sifted through my life with him, my failed marriage went along for the ride.

It's been four years since my divorce, but I never finished grieving over that loss. I was too busy trying to walk again and helping the two women in my life, my Mom and K, my daughter. In grieving over my father, I was able to shed the last tears over my marriage and finally move on.

For the last coupla months, I've been assembling whatever good memories I could find from the first eight years of my marriage. It's harder with the remaining thirteen. There are good memories in those years, but I'm not strong enough yet to find them.

In a few more years, the winds will die down and I'll look again.

And I'll find what I need.

-

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I started at the beginning of you blog - and read right through it ! Couldn't stop. It's beautifully written. Thanks for sharing it. :}

July 11, 2006 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home