Growing Up

Sharing special moments in my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Friday, December 23, 2005

The Real McCoy

---
December 22 2005

K had waited for this moment for a long time. Both excited and nervous, she stood before Judge McCoy and answered his questions. One by one, she came closer to what she's wanted since she was a little girl - a shorter first name.

I sat in the back and watched as a proud and anxious father. The young woman sitting next to me asked, "She's your daughter, right?" I nodded and whispered, "Yes".

Minutes later, the formalities were completed and we left the judge's chambers.

K had a smile that said it all. It was done.

She was finally herself.

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home